Monday, December 6, 2010

Sticky Wax Strings

Oh my I haven't posted all semester! What happened to keeping up with blogging? Actually, I can answer that. You see, I love to journal more than I like to blog so my journal has received oodles of attention this semester and is full of memories, artifacts, and prayers. If only I could somehow post my journal entries in both my journal and on my blog at the same time.

This semester flew by. I took my last final this morning as an undergraduate! Wooohooo! This didn't really occur to me until after I finished my final. Only three more papers left to submit and then I will be on break until beginning my student teaching in the Spring.

Words to describe this semester: exciting, funny, hectic, surprising, adventurous, love, special, learning, nervous, experience, worship, friends, family

Looking back at the beginning of the semester it seemed like crossing off my last assignment and taking my last final would never come but here it is. Amongst all of the lesson planning, reading, reflecting, and mathematical thinking I would say this semester has been one of the best in awhile for me. I am so thankful for all of my college of education friends who stress out with me and drive our teachers insane trying to do everything perfectly. I'm also thankful for Joel who has continued to support me and deal with my stress along the way. : )

My sister has also been here in Stillwater with me and even though I don't see her much, I have truly loved being able to pick her up for a drink date or spend Sunday afternoon doing laundry. Can't wait to spend one more semester in college with her!

Teaching in a classroom of 22 second graders three days a week has been quite the learning experience. There are days when I love being with the kids and watching them learn but also days when I don't think I can tell a child where to turn in their paper for the tenth time that day. My patience continues to be tested. Its the days like when a little girl made me a complete jewelry set out of "sticky wax strings" that you are reminded of why you are spending each day working with kids.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: – Ecclesiastes 3:1

Off to sleep!

Crews


2 comments:

  1. Starbucks is having one-day specials for the first 12 days of December...so not quite free drinks, but there is hope that one of the remaining days will offer one! Here is the link to check it out.

    http://www.starbucks.com/share#/12-days-of-sharing

    What color did you paint your fingernails? I need inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blogging!! It's a great way to reflect isn't it?! i'm so impressed that you just concisely put your entire semester in a short blog! i would blab forever! haha. love you lots and it makes my heart happy when I read that this is one of the best semesters you've had in a while. Can't wait to spend more time with you over Christmas. and let's go frame shopping to frame our invites! Love you and very proud of you,
    Rach

    ReplyDelete